Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Feels Like Home Cycling Team Member Holly Gagnon


Today we have two fun Feels Like Home projects to share from Cycling Team Member Holly Gagnon.  But, we'll let her tell you all about them...

So happy to be back  again with Little Yellow Bicycle designing with their Feels Like Home Collection.  It really is a gorgeous collection.  Perfect for any Fall decor project or gettin' scrappy with them pumpkin patch photos.

I really do enjoy decorating my home for Fall.  I've had this pumpkin plaque stashed away for awhile now and the Feels Like Home collection helped me get this pumpkin outta of my craft stash and into my Fall Decor.
The Feels Like Home collection comes with many warm and charming embellishments.  I matted the Fabric Favorites banner with blue chevron paper and adhered it over Decorative Edge Cardstock and jute ribbon.
The Paper Crafting Kit contains a variety of scored leaves and brown wire too.  Instead of stringing the leaves with the wire, I curled the wire and stuck it behind the jute bow along with a Fabric Favorites flower and a Feels Like Home stick pin.  I think that's my new thing now...stick pins.  Love'em and LYB has a nice variety to choose from.  

Do you like the orange color of my pumpkin?  I sure do!  I've recently discovered how {awesome} Rit Dye works to stain wood. Yep, this is wood pumpkin is dyed with Tangerine Rit Dye. You can see how I did that here

FLH-305 Paper Crafting Kit
FLH-304 6X6 Paper Pack
FLH-277 Stick Pins
FLH-133 Decorative Edge Cardstock
FLH-220 Fabric Favorites
NA-BS80 Burlap Stickers - Plates & Flourishes


Since the Little Yellow Bicycle Feels Like Home collection was making me all warm and fuzzy and excited for Fall, I decided to make a treat box too out of one sheet of Grey Lace cardstock.
Yep, it only takes one sheet of 12x12 paper, a score board and adhesive to make this box.  Ok..scissors will help too.  View my tutorial on how to make a Cookie Box.
To embellish the front of the box, I trimmed the houses off a piece of  Love Your Neighbor cardstock, added a Fresh Verse sticker, a rosette from the Paper Crafting Kit and added a Chipboard Shape in the center.
One of my favorite things about Fall Decor is raffia.  If I could, I'd wrap everything in raffia.  It makes a total mess on the floor but looks so great on packages. I added leaves from the Paper Crafting Kit  and a Chipboard Shapes sentiment on my raffia bow to complete my cookie box.

LYB Products:
FLH-102 Love Your Neighbor/Grey Lace
FLH-305 Paper Crafting Kit
FLH-140 Fresh Verse-Stickers
FLH-279 Chipboard Shapes
NA-SP10 Stick Pins - Wood Buttons

Please visit Holly's blog Ribbons and Glue for more of her ideas.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

8 comments:

  1. Love Holly's projects!!! Her blog is full of amazing ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, You are amazing!! I Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects!! Love that plaque!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that box Hols! Both projects are fab! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pumpkin. SO cute. And a fun treat box. Great job

    ReplyDelete